Our Bluehost Shared Hosting Review
Known mainly for their shared hosting, they have become a household name for those hosting WordPress sites thanks to their endorsement by WordPress as their no.1 recommended host. After reading this Review we recommend reading the User Reviews at the end of the article, as well as our News Articles that will give further insight to the company and it’s features.
When we first carried out an untested Review, we were dubious about their service, mainly due to many anti-EIG opinions on popular sites such as Webhostingtalk among other places. However, when we finally got around to actually putting them through it’s paces we were very pleasantly surprised, and the speeds for a large brand shared host were actually pretty respectable.
In the last year they have expanded its range of services to include VPS and dedicated plans, but what excites us most of all is their new Pro plan, which essentially provides supercharged WordPress hosting for significantly less money than if you were to upgrade at another host to a faster VPS plan. We think their Pro plan for $19.99 per month will end up being popular among those who want that extra performance and reliability.
Rather than just take our word for what they are like, check out our readers Bluehost Reviews at the end of the article.
- WordPress Hosting – WordPress is indeed one of the more popular blog services with it’s content management and software. They are one of the many companies recommended on WordPress.org. As a result, software installation can be done very easily with only a few clicks needed.
- Great Upgrade path – With the recent addition of its Pro, VPS, and dedicated plans there is an excellent upgrade path available. In fact, it has one of the cheapest upgrade paths available, with their Pro plan (supercharged WordPress Hosting), and very affordable VPS plans.
- Open Source Hosting –Open source software has become insanely popular with several other sites using it. They are one of them, and when chosen as your Web Host, you have access to myriads of great products along with your hosting account with just one click.
- Unlimited Domains -This gives you the ability to add as many accounts as you desire. The different domains all have their separate files, and it doesn’t cost extra for these domains either.
- E-commerce – Gives you the ability to earn and increase your finances through your website just by selling your products on online shopping software sites. The payoff for doing this is that it increases the professionalism you want to have with your site as well as boosting your confidence.
- Customer Support – This is truly where they shine. They pride itself on excellence in customer support/service and it is shown with the amount of awards that they have won. Customer support team is well-trained, friendly, and approachable when clients need help solving problems or complaints.
- cPanel – They have quite an advanced cPanel with their web hosting. The cPanel is very easy to use and offers a wide variety of tools and features to enhance your experience. Some features include : mail management, file management, database management, and domain management just to list a few.
- Integrated Cloudflare – We are a big fan of CloudFlare, especially when a host is geared up to providing a one click install via the control panel. You can read more about CloudFlare here.
- 3 Year Signup period required for the best deal – It is quite a commitment to join and get the best deal. Fortunately, they are one of the few companies that is a safe bet when it comes to knowing they will be around and still giving a great service in 3 years time. However, they have an anytime money back guarantee, so if you cancel after the first 30 days (full refund within 30 days) they will refund the remainder of the hosting fees.
- A customized version of cPanel – Because they use a highly customized version of cPanel, you will not be able to transfer your cPanel to another host. Your website will have to be moved manually.
Our Bluehost Review Verdict
They have made a name for itself, being the recommended hosting provider by WordPress for its sites. They have taken great strides to increase its range of services, now offering supercharged WordPress hosting, VPS and dedicated servers. We must admit that in the past we did not give them enough credit for the service it provides, but the more we hear about Bluehost, the more we think it is one of the best hosting providers out there.
We are glad to say, that whilst a little more expensive if you don’t sign up for three years, it is well worth that investment. They are run by an extremely talented and experienced group and will be around for a long time. Not only that, they are on the cutting edge offering supercharged hosting for WordPress in an area that is increasingly becoming more popular.
Our Review would have resulted in a recommendation had it not been for the highly customized version of cPanel. However, if that doesn’t worry you, then we would still recommend them as a hosting provider.
Did you know that Justhost is run by the same company, has the same support and management team and has all the same features at a vastly reduced price? See our Justhost Review to see what they had to say when we queried it with them.