We are lucky enough to have a steady stream of coupons for GoDaddy. Over the past couple of years, they have transformed themselves to be one of the most modern and innovative hosting providers.
From their adoption of cPanel and the creation of their WordPress Hosting, they are going from strength to strength. If you want to get insight into GoDaddy, we recommend checking out our User and Editorial Reviews, as well as this in-depth Q&A with their CEO Blake Irving.
New GoDaddy Promo Codes for October 2016
You can find all the discount codes below the summary, but here is a summary of what promos we have for you this month:
- $1 per month cPanel Hosting + Free Domain -This is probably the best coupon you will find. You can get their Economy cPanel Hosting (1 site only) for just $1. You will need to purchase 12 months in advance for the offer. Also, you will find excellent discounts off their Deluxe and Ultimate plans. We recommend in the top left you change the currency to “dollars” as you will pay more in other currencies such as GBP. You can see a screenshot of the offer below:
- $0.99 Domain Name – You won’t find a domain cheaper than this. GoDaddy is one of the largest Domain Registrars and well known for their domain marketplace. Highly recommend this offer, even if you transfer it to another registrar after a year.
- $1 pm Website Builder + Free Domain -If you are not entirely comfortable with WordPress or other CMS, then you may want to try out their easy website builder.
- 30% Off all Products – This seems to beat the WordPress offer above and applies to all products. This is a great catchall so you can get a great discount on everything, including VPS plans.
Link Activated Offers:
To activate the offer, just click one of the links below. It should take you to a specially designed landing page created by Godaddy showing the discount \ offer.
How to use your GoDaddy Coupon
We have created this step by step guide to walk you through the process of signing up with our Promo Codes.
All the offers are “link-based”, and as such there are no codes to enter on the website. Instead, you will get an orange bar at the top of the page as well as the discount showing on the pricing tables. You will see from the step by step guide below a screenshot showing the orange bar clearly displaying the hosting offer.
1. Click one of the required discount codes above
Firstly click on the “reveal coupon” or “buy hosting” button on one of the offers above. It doesn’t matter which, as all the offers are “link-activated”. This means there will be no Discount Code to enter in at the checkout. Instead, once you reach the site, you will see an orange bar displaying the offer at the top of the page.
The coupon link should also take you to an appropriate landing page for your selected product. For example, see the screenshot below for the cPanel Coupon:
2. Choose Your Hosting Plan
Once you have decided which plan you wish to purchase click “Select”. You should note carefully the different specifications between all the different plans, in particular, the fact that the Economy Plan is only suitable for one website.
3. Pick Your Free Domain
After choosing your plan, you will be asked to either choose your free domain or click the option “I Don’t want my FREE domain”. You may already have a domain, or you may wish to purchase it elsewhere. Remember that the domain is not included in your money back guarantee, so if you subsequently need a refund, they will deduct the cost of the domain from it.
4. Review and Customize your order
This will highlight all the aspects of your order, show the discounts applied, and any taxes due (i.e. VAT if within the EU). You will also have the opportunity to purchase any add-ons, such as the Search Visibility. Once you are happy, click “Proceed to Checkout”.
5. Enter Billing and Payment Information
The next step is just entering your billing information (if you are an existing customer you will have the option to log in to save the need to enter all your contact details in for a second time), and doing a final confirmation of your order. The order typically gets set up within minutes, so you should be ready to hit the ground running.
GoDaddy Coupon & Billing FAQs
Can you advise which hosting plan I should choose?
This will very much depend on your requirements, such as how many websites you wish to host and how much you are willing to pay.
There may be other considerations too. Their WordPress hosting is managed. This means they will take care of the security, caching and you will have no access to cPanel. Their cPanel hosting does not have all the performance and security enhancements but does offer more flexibility in how you wish to configure your site. It will also make it easier to move hosts in the future should you need to.
Therefore, you will need to weigh up the options carefully and even speak to their sales department if you want more advice.
Can I pay monthly?
Yes, many GoDaddy plans offer monthly billing cycles.
What other billing cycles does GoDaddy offer?
In addition to monthly plans, they offer three monthly and six monthly plans. Also, you make significant savings by signing up for 1, 2, 3, 5 and ten years. Because you can lock in the initial savings by signing up for longer periods, this is something you may wish to consider.
Do GoDaddy offer a Free domain?
They do offer one free domain with their hosting products. You can specify the free domain when you sign up.
What types of payment can I use to pay?
GoDaddy accepts many different methods of payment, but it does vary from country to country. In the United States, for example, they accept VISA, Mastercard, Amex, Union Pay, Discover, JCB and Diner’s Club cards. They also accept PayPal, GoDaddy Gift Cards, and money order, check & Wire transfer via a service called Good as Gold.
For a full list of payment methods in all countries, you can check their full list here.
Does GoDaddy accept Paypal?
Yes, they do accept Paypal.
Does GoDaddy accept Bitcoin?
They do not accept payment using Bitcoin or other virtual currencies. If you do need Bitcoin Hosting, then we recommend Namecheap.
Is there a money back guarantee? If so how long?
- If you have purchased a product with an annual plan, you can request a refund within 45 days. If you have a one-month free trial, then you may apply for a refund only within 15 days of the expiry of the free trial.
- If you have purchased a product on a monthly plan, you may only receive a refund within the first 48 hours.
- After the time, periods specified above you may request a refund, but that refund will be prorated and will take the form of an in-store credit.
Full details of the refund policy, including other requirements such as having to specify a reason for the refund can be found here.
Will my price go up when my hosting plan renews?
Because you will be using a discount coupon when signing up the first invoice period will be cheaper than subsequent. So yes, your hosting fees will rise upon renewal.